Richard A. Boren
Chair – Domestic and Family Law Practice Group
Chair – Land Use and Zoning Practice Group
Chair – Personal Injury Practice Group
Richard A. Boren, a past president of the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association, graduated from the University of Rhode Island (B.A. 1967) and St. John’s University Law School (J.D. 1971). Mr. Boren has been practicing law for over 4 decades and has litigated a tremendous variety of matters at all trial and appellate levels, including complex business and civil litigation matters, personal injury, employment litigation, family law, divorce law, probate litigation, environmental litigation, construction and commercial litigation, and land use and zoning litigation. He is admitted to practice in Rhode Island and before the U.S. District for the District of Rhode Island, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Richard has served as president of two chapters of the Inns of Court in Rhode Island, the Family Court Inns of Court and the Rhode Island Chapter of the American Inns of Court, and served as a member and chairman of the Rhode Island Supreme Court Disciplinary Board. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and serves as a member of the Zoning Board of Review in his home community.
- 1971 St. John’s University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- 1967 University of Rhode Island, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- All Rhode Island Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Rhode Island Association for Justice
- Edward P. Gallogly Inns of Court
- American Board of Trial Advocacy,Rhode Island Chapter
- National College of Trial Advocacy
Community and Civic Activity
- Chairman of the Town of Jamestown Zoning Board of Review