Jonathan N. Savage, Partner
• Founding partner of Shechtman Halperin Savage LLP.
• Chair of the firm's corporate and business department.
• Chair of the firm's governmental department.
• Co-Chair of the firm's receivership department.
• Recognized as a premier attorney with experience in all matters relating to corporate and regulatory affairs including financial and corporate restructuring, debt strategy, creative finance and structuring and licensure and permitting at the municipal, state and federal levels.
• Extensive experience serving as Receiver and Special Master, appointed by the Rhode Island Superior court in complex cases including: Landmark Medical Center, The City of Central Falls, LJ Crane & Rigging, Nestor Traffic Systems, Inc., American Biophysics Corporation, and Marathon Construction, Inc.
• Extensive experience in matters relating to governmental agencies often involving regulatory issues and complex government operational issues.
An example of a complex matter with a successful outcome:
• Appointed by the Courts as the Special Master, Jon was responsible for overseeing the largest health care delivery system in Northern Rhode Island. Managing through competing interests and turbulent times, Jon developed a strategic plan to maintain services to the public while returning the finances to a healthy status. Ultimately, he recruited and secured a buyer. Jon built community support and partnerships with labor and management and public and private entities. He directed all matters of the transaction from legislative to regulatory which led to the first for-profit hospital being welcomed to RI.
With a stellar track record, Jon gets things done for our clients.